Most salons only carry a handful of designs by a specific designer; at a trunk show, you’ll have a chance to browse all the looks of your favorite designer—sometimes even before they’re available in the boutiques.
Calls are coming in and appointment times are filling up fast. We keep getting asked “What is a trunk show?” “How does a trunk show work?” Below is a perfect explanation of how it works and how to make the most of your experience.
Trunk Show Tips:
- Begin by browsing designer websites to get a sense of which styles appeal to you and fall within your budget.
- Though trunk shows take place throughout the year, you’ll have the widest selection during one of these events.
- Trunk shows are by appointment only and fill up fast. Appointments are still available. So don’t wait to reserve your slot (and if you can’t keep the appointment, please be courteous and call to cancel.)
- Bring one or two people with you whom you trust and who know you well. Resist the urge to have a larger entourage accompany you—too many opinions can get confusing.
- Be prepared to make a purchase in case you find “the dress” in order to take advantage of possible show discounts. But don’t feel pressured to make a decision if you aren’t 100% convinced.
- Dresses aren’t the only fashion element in a trunk show. Wedding veils, head pieces, wedding jewelry, bridesmaid dresses and shoe designers have trunk shows, too!
Thank you to Here Comes the Guide for the perfect explanation!